The USSR was founded on the principles of Communism and is primarily concerned with the welfare of the Communist faction. Apart from that, the USSR mainly wants mined resources and a steady stream of Tropican alcohol. They are your only source for Uranium, meaning poor relations could jepordise the operations of your Nuclear Power Plant cutting off its fuel supplies.
The USSR operates an intelligence agency called the KGB (Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti or Committee for State Security). If relations with the USSR fall too low, agents of the KGB may begin plotting against the island. It's possible for a presidente to have risen to power by being installed by the KGB, boosting their relationship with the Communists and the USSR and allowing the uneducated to become soldiers but giving Tropicans low hopes for liberty and democracy.
- Spiced Rum
- +40 - Installed by the KGB
- +30 - Moscow U. background
- +25 - Communist Rebellion
- +15 - Elected as Socialist
- +5 to +25 - Alcoholic trait
- +0 to +10 - Diplomatic trait
- +20 - Good or excellent relations with the Communists
- +20 - Orientated towards Communism (Difference between the relations between Communists and Capitalists is over 20 points in favor of the Communists)
- +10 - Tendency towards Communism (You have higher relations with Communists than the Capitalists)
- +20 - Having praised the USSR in the last election speech (lasts for 2 years since the speech)
- +10 - most favoured trade partner (having the most exports/imports with them)
- +10 - Being allied to USSR.
- 'Pro-USSR' foreign policies
- -15 - Harvard U. background.
- -10 - Great Schmoozola trait
- -5 - Jingo trait
- -10 - Poor relations with the Communists
- -15 - Orientated towards Capitalism (Difference between the relations between Capitalists and Communists is over 20 points in favor of the Capitalists)
- -5 - Tendency towards Capitalism (You have higher relations with the Capitalists than Communists)
- -10 - Having a national debt
- 'Pro-US' foreign policies
- -10 - Allies of the US
Rewards for Good RelationsEdit
- Extra foreign aid
- USSR foreign aid peaks at $3,000 per year, without any modifiers.
Penalties for Bad relationsEdit
- USSR will embargo all of its exports to you, making most notably Uranium unavailable. (Relationship remains below 40 for 3 years)
- USSR can invade Tropico, removing El Presidente from power. (Relationship remains below 20 for too long)
- Although the USSR historically collapsed in 1991, this event isn't modeled in the Tropico games prior to Tropico 5 and the USSR will remain well after this date.
- The flag used to represent the USSR in the in-game trade section of Tropico 4 is not actually the flag of the Soviet Union.
|Tropico 4 Foreign Powers|
|Superpowers||US • USSR|
|Minor Powers||China • EU • Middle East|