In response to the USSR's Communist ideals, the US is heavily aligned with Capitalism and the Capitalist faction . Their primary concern for Tropico is developing the island into a tourist destination and source of cash crops and luxuries.
The US operates an intelligence agency called the CIA (Central Intelligence Agency). If relations with the US fall too low, agents of the CIA may begin plotting against the island. It's possible for a presidente to have risen to power by being installed by the CIA, boosting their relationship with the Capitalists and the US and getting a check for $2,000 each year but giving Tropicans low hopes for liberty and democracy.
- Canned Coffee
- Crude Oil
- Freeze-dried Coffee
- Machine Cigars
- Nutrient Additives
- +30 - Harvard U. background
- +10 - Pop Singer background
- +10 - Self-Made Man background
- +25 - Capitalist Rebellion rise to power.
- +15 - Elected as Capitalist rise to power.
- +15 - Hotel Corporate Buyout rise to power.
- +40 - Installed by the CIA rise to power.
- +15 - Velvet Revolution rise to power.
- +5 to +25 - Compulsive Gambler trait
- +2 to +10 - Diplomatic trait
- +20 - Good or excellent relations with the Capitalists (relationship with Capitalists above 60)
- +20 - Orientated towards Capitalism (Difference between the relations between Capitalists and Communists is over 20 points in favor of the Capitalists)
- +10 - Tendency towards Capitalism (You have higher relations with Capitalists than the Communists)
- +20 - High Liberty (liberty happiness above 70)
- +20 - Having praised the US in the last election speech (lasts for 2 years since the speech)
- +10 - most favoured trade partner (having the most exports/imports with them)
- 'Pro-US' foreign policies
- +10 - Having good democracy expectations (having several uncancelled, fraud-free elections in a row).
- +10 - Being allied to US.
- +10 - Booking the Headliner.
- -15 - Moscow U. background.
- -10 - Flatulence trait
- -10 - Great Schmoozola trait
- -10 - Pompous trait
- -10 - Tourette Syndrome trait
- -5 - Jingo trait
- -10 - Bad relations with the Capitalists (relationship with Capitalists is below 40)
- -15 - Orientated towards Communism (Difference between the relations between Capitalists and Communists is over 20 points in favor of the Communists)
- -5 - Tendency towards Communism (You have higher relations with the Communists than Capitalists)
- 'Pro-USSR' foreign policies
- -10 - Having a national debt
- -20 - Withholding exports of oil (Refinery work mode)
- -20 - Having bad democracy expectations (Too many cancelled or fraudulent elections)
- -10 - Allies of the USSR
Rewards for Good RelationsEdit
- Extra foreign aid
- US foreign aid peaks at $4,000 per year, without any modifiers.
- +10 boost to Tourism Rating (maintaining a relationship above 45 for 3 years)
Penalties for Bad relationsEdit
- US will embargo all of its exports to you. (Relationship remains below 40 for 3 years)
- US can invade Tropico, removing El Presidente from power. (Relationship remains below 20 for too long)
|Tropico 4 Foreign Powers|
|Superpowers||US • USSR|
|Minor Powers||China • EU • Middle East|