Tropico 6 is the sixth installment of the Tropico Saga, developed by Limbic Entertainment, and published by Kalypso Media. It uses Unreal Engine 4 and is available for PC, Mac, Linux, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
- Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments to add them to your collection.
- Build bridges, construct tunnels, and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses, and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities, such as landings, bus depots, and aerial cable car stations.
- Tropico 6 features a revised research system, focusing on the political aspects of being the world's greatest dictator.
- Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can't possibly keep.
- Cooperative and competitive multiplayer for up to four players.
- Tropico 6 will feature more buildings out of the box than any Tropico before: 150+ buildings will give players the tools for every situation and also offer a lot of visual variety for players who just want to build a Caribbean paradise.
- Be the dictator you want to be: Players can express themselves by customizing their avatar, their palace, election speeches, the Tropican flag and El Presidente's personal means of transportation.
Factions and Characters
Tropico 6 will see some beloved characters coming back, such as El Presidente's trusted subordinate, Penultimo, as well as political factions and foreign powers, along with their new representatives.
One of the new characters, The Broker, will offer enticing deals and offers to encourage El Presidente to add to or spend his Swiss Bank account money.
- Revolutionaries, represented by Sofia Ortega
- Capitalists, represented by Mason Belmonte
- Communists, represented by Marco Moreno
- Militarists, represented by General Rodriguez
- Religious, represented by Sister Francesca
- Environmentalists, represented by Sunny Flowers
- Industrialists, represented by Harland Zander
- Conservatives, represented by Hector Delgado
- Intellectuals, represented by Elena Culpepper
- The Crown, represented by Lord Roger Wyndham
- Axis, represented by Erich von Strohm
- Allies, represented by Wynton Marlborough
- Western Powers, represented by Colonel Buck Scott
- Eastern Bloc, represented by Nadia Kuznetsov
- EU, represented by Eline Dupont
- USA, represented by Raymond King
- Middle East, represented by Prince Thari
- Russia, represented by Vlad Orlov
- China, represented by Ambassador Zhang
Expansions and DLC
The Llama of Wall Street is the first DLC.
As announced by the developers Tropico 6 will have full modding support. Yet the contents are encrypted in huge .PAK files which can be unpacked by using a program called UE4PakUnpacker. After unpacking the files new folder appears with .uasset files in it.
For the purpose of advertising several videos and images of previously unseen footage have been released to the public. Here is Tropico 6's pre-release gallery.