Tropico 3 is produced by Haemimont Games and is published by Kalypso Media.
The time is yesterday and the Cold War is in full swing. Through means devious and dubious you have seized power in the Caribbean island country of Tropico, where you now rule as the all-powerful "El Presidente". You decide whether you want to use your army to secure your power base in the best traditions of corrupt, unscrupulous tyrants everywhere or lead your people to prosperity in your role as generous elder statesman.
- Comprehensive campaign with 15 different missions
- A variety of business sectors: Tourism, petroleum, mining, agriculture, etc.
- The Timeline Editor allows you to create your own fictive historical events or enter real ones
- Avatar feature: Wander the island as El Presidente and change the course of play
- Political speeches, edicts and "other" means of influence
- A wide range of editing and modification functions
- Mission generator for random map creation
- The cinematic, highly detailed graphics perfectly reflect Tropico's own Caribbean way of life
- Great Latin soundtrack
- A variety of online-functions such as high scores or visiting islands belonging to other players
- Nationalist faction