For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see Tenement.
Tenement are cheapish, high density housing for lower paid Tropicans households.
- Normal Maintenance: Maintains respectable living conditions.
- Roach Patrol: The maintenance needed for the building is cut in half, but the housing quality is lowered by 30%.
Upon completion, these have a few ugly décor items and will likely attract trash and/or a Dumpsters as time passes. The 2 egresses may not be convenient, being in the rear right quadrant, depends on distances to nearest garage egress and roadway drop-off points.
- "Gray, run-down, overcrowded buildings. Perfect breeding ground for adolescent criminals. Tenements aren't going to make any Tropicans particularly happy and the tourists will complain, but hey, anything is better than a shack!
- "Large residential building with low housing quality."
- The Tenement is based on the Eastern European panel tenements from the communist era. This explains the effect of the USSR Development Aid edict.