The Spy Academy is the main Espionage Building in Espionage (T5 DP). Once built, you can train Spies and launch Espionage operations against superpowers, or other players (if you are playing Multiplayer and all of the same players have the Tropico 5: Espionage expansion).
Gadget Lab- For $4,000 the Spy Academy can have a lab to design special gadgets for spies to use to hack into computers and break into bank vaults, increasing the success of the Steal Money and Steal Technology Operations.
License to Kill- For $2,000 the Spy Academy can train its spies to more effectively assassinate any foreign spies or guards, increasing the success of Expose Secrets or Sabotage Operations. However, spies are killed upon any failure, due to the information they were trying to steal or the building they were trying to destroy.
- The effectiveness of the Spy Academy equals the number of spies that can be trained. The highest number of spies it can train, with a very high effectiveness is 16. The could be more.
- The Sabotage Operation is only available in Multiplayer.
- It is possible for the reason that spies are killed at any chance of failure (License to Kill) is to either protect their country, or to die with the information they had stolen.
- It also possible that Spies who die this way died from forced suicide (Taking lethal powder or a pill) like in Spy movies.
- You can see your spies in another player's country if you send them in.