For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see Power Plant.
Environmentalists dislike power plants.
- While in most parts of the world electricity is considered a necessity, in Tropico it is a precious luxury. People with access to electricity savor it like the fine delicacy it is and tell stories to their grandchildren about the time when they touched a live wire or saw a glowing light bulb. Indeed, if it was readily available for everyone, most will probably be nostalgic about the good old times when pearls were not given to the swine.
- Central Air Conditioning - $4,000 Job Quality is increased by 20. (Unlocked in Cold War)
- Gas Turbines - $6,000 The Power Station begins to consume Natural Gas instead of Coal. Halves the amount of pollution generated by the power station. (Unlocked in Cold War)
- Pollution Filter - $5,000 Reduces the amount of pollution generated by the Power Station by 25%. (Unlocked in Cold War)
- Standing Component - environmentalists -10.
- Pollution - 50 over 19 tiles (!).