For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see Newspaper.
Newspapers provide Liberty over a large area. Similar Liberating structures are Radio Stations & TV Stations. Banana Island build limit for Newspapers is 4, assuming this isn't map specific. Only one building of each mode is otherwise possible within the 4 building limit.
- Financial Times: "Increases the respect of the Capitalist faction and the portion of Capitalists in the population."
- Voice of the Worker: "Increases the respect of the Communist faction and the portion of Communists in the population."
- Soldado de Fortuna: "Increases the respect of the Militarist faction and the portion of Militarists in the population."
- The Word of God: "Increases the respect of the Religious faction and the portion of Religious citizens in the population."
- National Pride: "Increases the respect of the Nationalist faction and the portion of Nationalists in the population."
- Coupons N'More: "Generates revenue for every reader in the area of the newspaper."
Trash and Dumpsters may appear.
Respect gain runs between 1%~20% depending on the skill of Journalists employed. Mothers contribute, just can't gain skill while pregnant.
- "What a better way to spread blatant lies and disinformation among the populace than a newspaper?! People like to say: 'I read it in the paper, so it must be true'. Poor gullible souls should have known better!"
- "Increases liberty and provides news about the ever-changing world."
Liberty Radius is ~600 feet with outer half being feathered downward. Overlapping Radiuses in less Oppressive areas is one tactic; putting High Oppressive building near the Liberty sources. Only 1 building of each mode buildable, so place the most needed respect gainers first covering housing and workplaces. Coupons mode is more effective over better housing areas just dont expect a profit margin, place last or for liberty coverage only if needed.