National banks are economy buildings in Modern Times (Tropico 4) that take the place of banks. Unlike banks, national banks have no offshore mode; national banks can be used by tourists no matter what mode they're set to.
- Urban Development: The bank gives out loans for the purpose of developing Tropico's urban center. Each bank set to this mode will decrease construction costs by up to 28%, depending on the skill of the bank's employees. Up to three banks can contribute to this decrease, allowing for a maximum decrease of 60%.
- Slush Fund: Every month, the bank's employees secretly siphon away money from the treasury to the presidente's personal Swiss bank account. The amount of money taken depends on the skill of the bankers.
- Investment Banking: The bank assists rich citizens in investing their money. This generates revenue depending on the number of citizens in the area with salaries above $20/month. Generates a maximum of $3,000 per month.
- Loan Banking: The bank provides citizens with loans and other grants. This increases their spending limit by up to $10, depending on the skill of the bankers.
- The overall aesthetic of national banks is similar to that of the Bank of China Tower in Hong Kong.
- Banco Muchapasta means "A lot of dough (money) bank" in Spanish.