For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see Lumber Mill.
Lumber mills are industrial buildings in Tropico 3 and Tropico 4. Workers here take freshly cut Logs and run them through saws to form flat, uniform, and much more usable planks of Lumber. Lumber can be sold off immediately or, if the island has a Furniture Factory, used to make Furniture.
- Sawdust Burner: For $2,000, the mill can be equipped with an incinerator to get rid of sawdust that would otherwise be flushed into the atmosphere, decreasing pollution caused by the mill by 50%.
- Power Saw: For $2,000 and 10 megawatts of power, the mill can be equipped with a much more powerful and efficient sawblade, increasing production by 30%.
- Log Debarker: For $3,000 and 5 megawatts of power, the mill can be equipped with a machine to rip the bark off logs, increasing production by 25% but requiring 10% more logs, due to the amount of wood wasted in the process.
- Sweat Shop: The default work mode. Employees here work backbreaking 14 hour long shifts.
- Easy-Does-It: Employees here are given an easier time. Their job quality increases by 10 but they work 25% less.