Loyalists are personally enamored with Tropico's leader and want everyone to feel as they do. To this end, they push for anything to do with the hero worship of El Presidente.
Strangely, despite their fondness for the presidente, even the most die-hard loyalists can still vote against them, run against them in elections, or turn out to be crime bosses, spies, or other antagonists in the game's campaign.
- Children who attend grade schools with youth organizations dedicated to the presidente may join the Loyalists early in life.
- Some patients of psychiatric sanatoriums will become Loyalists.
- If the island's Eternal Flame(Tropico 3 or 4) is dedicated to the presidente, some visitors to it may be inspired to become Loyalists.
- Building the Golden Statue(Tropico 3 or 4) will instantly inspire several citizens to become Loyalists.
- Every year that a National Day celebration takes place, some citizens may be inspired to become Loyalists.
- Publishing a book on the presidente's views will brainwash up to 10 unintelligent people into Loyalists.
- If the nuclear shelter is set to save the presidente alone in the event of a disaster, more people will be persuaded to become Loyalists.
- In Tropico 3, issuing the Megalomania edict at least once every 5 years is a major demand.
- The Born In The Purple background.
- The Compulsive Liar and PR Specialist traits.
- Childhood Museum(Tropico 3 or 4) and mausoleums(Tropico 4).
- Statues, especially the Golden Statue(Tropico 3 or 4). In Tropico 3, having 1 statue for every 25 citizens is a minor demand.
- Not having a childhood museum.
- Not having a mausoleum(Tropico 4).
- Permitting free elections.
Doubt in the Leader(Tropico 4) - Disillusioned over the presidente's lack of self-importance, followers of the neglected cult of personality will begin losing support and dropping out of the faction.
- If a SWAT HQ(Tropico 4) is set to be a 'Personal Death Squad,' only loyalists will be able to work there.
|Tropico 4 Factions|
|Capitalists • Communists • Intellectuals • Religious • Militarists • Environmentalists • Nationalists • Loyalists|