For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see Immigration Office.
The Immigration Office is a unique building used to control the Migration options for the island.
- Open Doors: "Attracts more immigrants. Increases the total population over time, depending on the skill of the workers."
- Skilled Workers: "Attracts more high-school and college educated immigrants."(depending on the skill of the workers)
- Tropico First: "Immigration is forbidden, except for hired specialists."
- Love it or leave it: "Increases emigration depending on the skill of the workers. Unhappy citizens leave the island first."
- No emigration: "Nobody gets out of here alive - emigration is forbidden."
Unique building. Trash from surrounding buildings/people and a trash-can may appear. A few junk(boxes) and decor(flags) items.
- "No one ever doubted the skills of our great people, but when we lack the workforce or specialists, we reluctantly consort to immigrants. On the other hand, be sure that your own people don't embrace decadent foreign influences too much to abandon you."
- "Lets you manage who goes in and out of the island."
Place when needed along a road at any convenient location it will fit; once built check that you are properly credited for the bonus. The building is generally neutral for beauty with no problem issues.