For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see House.
Houses are residential buildings in Tropico 5.
Houses are designed with sprawling suburbs in mind; their housing quality improves when they're close to other houses, encouraging lots of them to be built in a tight space.
Electrification- For $300, the house will begin to consume 10 MW of power, but housing quality will increase by 20.
Neighborhood Watch- For $150, the house will have a neighborhood watch program, therefore lowering crime in the area.
- Beauty - increases effectiveness, max 25%;
- Max Budget - increases effectiveness, 25%;
- Housing Complex - Every near House increases Quality +5, cap 20, when distance between centers less than 3.8 tiles.
- Community Aid of Religious Building - increases Quality +10, cap 20;
- Mentor - increases effectiveness (for ex 2%);
- Pollution: 1 radius 10 tiles;
- Crime: 2;
- Standing Component: Communists +1;
- Neighborhood Watch: Crime Safety +10 radius 8 tiles;