For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see Hotel.
Hotels are respectable accommodations for all tourist types.
- Auto 100% occupancy: "Adjust the fee automatically for 100% occupancy."
- Auto 75% occupancy: "Adjust the fee automatically for 75% occupancy."
- Auto 50% occupancy: "Adjust the fee automatically for 50% occupancy."
- Manual fee: "Adjust the fee manually."
Must have an employee for a guest to 'check-in'. Loss of employee or pregnancy may cause 0 for worker skill. Service Quality=25~75 for beauty under Hotel, plus 0~40 for employee skill. Avatar visit bonus effect only effects new arrivals while the 'Sun disk' is active. Whatever Fee rate tourist pays is locked in upon arrival, so changes won't effect current guests. This can make tracking individual tourist cash flow near impossible with 'auto occupancy' modes.
@ 100% mode:
Guest fees for the vacation time is 1 year(12 months+travel time to Lodging). 2~5 times Spending Limit, 5 requiring high Beauty and good worker skill level. Multiplier is dependant mostly on Beauty under Hotel. Once their stay time expires they no longer pay rent, but will occupy the slot until they can 'check-out'. Due to their quirky Garage use behavior it may take up to a year to check-out. Higher Fees can be acheived with 75% & 50% modes. Manual mode is an option; Fee based on Spending Limits(0-50), tends to be less profitable and/or more hastling.
Trash and trash-cans may appear.
- "This Hotel is the best thing most tourists will be able to afford, so forget the big spenders for now and concentrate on sheltering the masses. Just make sure to build some attractions in the vicinity and you're good to go with the tourist basics."
- "A standard hotel, perfect for middle-class tourists."
These provide a decent experiance for average tourist spending limits. The auto modes tend not to work well with multiple Tourist Ports; tourist being assigned more by proximity or distance which may lower Fees undesirabily. Manual mode can become hassling to micro-manage, so maybe Auto modes may work for your style of play.
- The Hotel appears to be based on Hotel Inglaterra, the oldest hotel in Cuba.