For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see High School.
High Schools provide education needed for many jobs. Another important education facility is the College. The Grade School, available from Absolute Power Expansion, offers an Intelligence bonus for the future workforce of the island.
- General Education: "General education provides normal rate of education."
- Parochial Education: "Extra religious courses slow down education rate by 15% but some students may become Religious supporters on graduation."
- Military Education: "Extra military history courses slow down education by 15% but some students may become Military supporters on graduation."
Trash, trash-cans and Dumpster may appear.
Student's primary selector is the 'Beauty' of the High School; secondary considerations may be low crime and low pollusion. Oddly, Service Quality may not play any role when there are multiple high schools; just a factor of how many school shifts to graduation along with their intelligence.
Mother do not contribute to the Service Quality, but do hold open the 2 slots for students. Mothers don't show up at the School, but don't gain experiance/skill while pregnant. Best to retain mothers during their pregancy, unless you have an abundance of highly skilled Teachers to shift into the vacancy.
- "Just like in the rest of the world, the better jobs require well educated specialists. Importing them from overseas is a costly business. The High School lets you train your own people to work in advanced buildings."
- "High school education is required for the more advanced jobs."
If multiple High Schools will be placed choose areas that have a balance of Beauty or use beatification objects to get the balance you desire. Restricting Teacher numbers is an option to fine tune the graduate faction enhancements.