For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see Golden Statue.
The Golden Statue is a Unique structure that provides a boost to Beauty over a large area.
- Stand Still: "Default mode. The statue stands still, as appropriate for such a distinguished dignitary."
- Rotate gracefully: "The beauty provided by the statue is increased by 10%, but the upkeep is doubled."
Tourism rating increases by 7, plus any beauty enhancement effect. Satisfies a Loyalists demand. Meglomania score=50.
- "Presidente, you are just like King Midas, everything you touch becomes pure solid gold. Now, with this magnificent monument, everyone can admire your 24 carat-ness. Even the pigeons pay their respects to your illustrious image and defecate on it with utmost reverence."
- "A huge golden statue that increases tourism rating and on first completion converts 10 citizens to Loyalists."
Place where you need a boost to Beauty.
- The Golden Statue appears to be inspired by the golden statues of Turkmen leader Saparmurat Niyazov such as the one at the Independence Monument. The rotating mode appears to be inspired by the Neutrality Monument statue which rotated to always face the sun.