For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see Garbage Dump.
Garbage Dumps reduce pollution over a large area; emptying trash-cans and dumpsters, while magically reducing other forms such as air/water pollution in the process. These become available in the Absolute Power Expansion.
- Local garbage: "Reduces pollution in a large area."
- Imported garbage: "The garbage dumps also accepts garbage from abroad, generating 200 per month but the environmentalists will lose respect towards you."
- Recycling: "The upkeep of the garbage dump will be doubled but the environmentalists will respect you more."
- High-Temperature Burner: ($2,000) "The Garbage Dump generates less pollution."
- Garbage Compactor: ($3,000, 5MW) "Reduces the pollution in the surrounding area even more."
|Upgrade Bug Warning:|
|Upgrades are not credited properly unless the order follows a left to right rule. Skipping an upgrade may result in a previous upgrade to no longer be credited, when you activate the skipped one at a later date/time. True of T3+AP and sure it was the same without AP, hope this makes sense.|
The Dump generates and reduces pollution; the net effect is medium pollution in a 50 feet radius. This is a simulation of wind-born re-distribution of trash and repugnant odors, typical of real-world dumps.
- "Where are the good old days when we used to dump all the garbage in the sea or right on the streets? Now the Environmentalists force everyone in the neighborhood to dump his trash at a large... dump. Such garbage!"
- "Reduces pollution in a large area."
Try to center most of the pollution reduction area over the worst polluters. This usually intails placing it so the edge of reduction area covers a little beyond the buildable land-mass. Reserve space for the holes in coverage if it is important to you, as you expand the island's economy. Garbagemen can do more walking then most Tropicans without effecting their service; so no need to go out of your way to provide nearby Garages and roads. Maybe a nearby Country House, within reasonabe distance to a Garage, to replace a troublesome Shack.
Tropican Service and Industrial buildings won't have problems being close to it, but Tourist may complain, so keep it at a distance from them. Doesn't hurt to place some trees around the perimeter of the Dump to offset any ugliness issues from the pollution.
Garbage Dumps overlay radius(large area) is ~400 feet.