For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see Furniture Factory.
Furniture Factories process Lumber into more profitable Furniture.
- Sweat Shop: "Standard 14-hour work day full of joy and merrymaking."
- Easy-Does-It: "Job quality is increased by 10, but the work time is 25% shorter."(+10 Job Quality)
- Machining Center: ($8,000, 15MW) "+20% production."
- Exhaust Fans: ($5,000, 5MW) "+20% Job quality; +10% Production; +50% pollution."(+20 Job Quality)
Bug doesn't seem to effect this Factory for job quality; perhaps the Bug only effects the last modifier processed by the script.
|Upgrade Bug Warning:|
|Upgrades are not credited properly unless the order follows a left to right rule. Skipping an upgrade may result in a previous upgrade to no longer be credited, when you activate the skipped one at a later date/time. True of T3+AP and sure it was the same without AP, hope this makes sense.|
Road access gives +10 Job Quality when properly connected. Dumpster may appear in front fenced area, along with a trash-can at a rear corner.
- "Expensive furniture adds the necessary elan to every home. The high building cost is justified by the economic benefits it brings along. Puts the surplus of lumber into good use if you can afford the steep price."
- "This factory processes Lumber into Furniture."
Generally, 3 Logging Camps and 2 Lumber Mills will keep a Factory stocked well enough. Logging Camps may have employment issues due to being an Uneducated Males only job without Job Quality bonuses. This being the case, an extra Camp may be helpful while a low population island, if the industries are going to be expanded. A little extra pay may help the Camps' employment issues too.
The exhaust fan upgrade is a bit excessive in Job Quality when the road is connected properly. Lumber Mills, not having Job Quality bonuses other than 'Easy-Does-It', may develop employment issues as workers shift to the Factory. It is advised to use 'Easy-Does-It' on Mills, but not on Factories. Insure the road is connected properly for the Factory; this gives both the same Job Quality, given the same pay rate.