Flaws are negatives aspects of the presidente's history, abilities, and life.
Flaws were removed in Tropico 4 and most of them (except for Lazy, Moronic, Short Tempered, and Shy) became traits.
- 1 Flaws
- -10 respect with Communists.
- -5% building costs.
- Maximum salary is set to $25/month.
- -10 respect with the Religious.
- $300 to $1,500 lost every year due to gambling binges
- In Tropico 3, the presidente is better at gambling.
- -15 respect with Intellectuals and the Religious.
- In Tropico 3, campaign promises have no effect on voters.
- -5 respect with Militarists.
- The presidente and their soldiers and supporters are more likely to flee in battle.
- -20 respect with Intellectuals.
- -10 US relations.
- -10 USSR relations.
- +10% respect from citizens with low intelligence.
- -10 respect with Capitalists and the Religious.
- -10% production by Factory Workers.
- Souvenir Shops have doubled upkeep costs.
- Tropico 3 only.
- Production is reduced by 10%.
- The presidente walks instead of runs.
- Citizens learn skills and graduate 50% slower.
- Cannot build colleges.
- -10 respect with non-Militarists.
- +10 respect with Militarists.
- policemen reduce liberty at the same rate as soldiers.
- -20 US relations.
- +30% edict cost.
- In Tropico 3, the presidente can only praise themselves in speeches
- +5 respect with the Religious.
- -25 respect with Intellectuals.
- Citizens must attend church 50% more often.
- -15 US relations.
- -15 USSR relations.
- +$1000/year in Pay-Per-View profits.
- In Tropico, -5 respect with everyone.
- In Tropico 3, -25 respect with members of a random faction after election speeches.
- -5 respect with everyone.
- -10% tourism rating.