For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see Eternal Flame.
The Eternal Flame is a unique structure; which provides Entertainment without a fee, so unpaid patriotic citizens can have Fun.
- El Compatriota: "Dedicate the monument to Tropico. 10% chance that the visiting citizens become nationalists."
- 'Guerra Eterna': "Dedicate the monument to Tropico's army. 10% chance that the visiting citizens become militarists."
- 'El Cigarro Grande': "Dedicate the monument to yourself. 10% chance that the visiting citizens become loyalists."
- 'Mundo Unido': "Dedicate the monument to world peace. If you receive foreign aid, it will be increased by 1000 for both superpowers. To receive this bonus the eternal flame has to be in this work mode for at least 1 year."
Trash may appear, being cast off by surrounding buildings, but trash receptacles do not. Despite the referance to 'Respect' in the text statements, it doesn't seem to fulfill any promised stat increase other then Entertainment. Conversion options only seem to increase the effected faction level; not a true conversion.
- "The origins of the Eternal Flame may date back to earliest civilizations, but the real meaning of this monument as well as to whom exactly is it currently dedicated is a source of endless speculation, jokes and ridicule. Let's hope that your Eternal Fire will not be extinguished just as the respect of all Tropicans for your glorious persona."
- "Attraction with no service fee that raises the respect of all visitors and may convert visitors to a particular faction."
An expensive means to raise entertainment stats and adds some beauty too.