Tropico's pristine beauty is the most important concern to the Environmentalists and they fight to prevent the island's environment from being marred by pollution, deforestation, or garbage.
How you treat your island's Environmentalists affects your relations with the EU.
- If the nuclear shelter is set to save the island's unique fauna in the event of a disaster, more people will be persuaded to become Environmentalists.
- The Naturalist background.
- The Hotel Corporate Buyout rise to power.
- The Activist and Green Thumb traits.
- Low pollution.
- High environmental satisfaction.
- Garbage disposal, by having at least 1 Garbage Dump(Tropico 3 or 4) per 200 citizens.
- Garbage dumps set to recycling.
- Trees and gardens, at least 1 per 25 citizens.
- Preserving natural beauty by not building any logging camps or mines.
- Environmentalists in Tropico 3 want the Pollution Standards edict issued, no garbage dumps set to import garbage, and no power plants set to use coal as minor demands.
- The Developer, Miner, and Oil Tycoon backgrounds.
- High pollution.
- Low environmental satisfaction.
- Garbage dumps set to import garbage.
- Logging camps and mines
- The Nuclear Testing edict.
- Newspapers as a minor demand; paper isn't green enough for Tropico 3, maybe T4 too.
Eco-Protest - Angered by the devastation to the island's ecosystem, Environmentalist protesters blockade a factory in the hopes of drawing attention to the issue. While the factory is shut down, no production is done there, but the workers will still collect their wages.
- Strangely, despite their opposition to the Logging and Mining industries, environmentalists can be lumberjacks and miners.
|Tropico 4 Factions|
|Capitalists • Communists • Intellectuals • Religious • Militarists • Environmentalists • Nationalists • Loyalists|