For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see Electronics Factory.
Electronics factories are industry buildings in Modern Times (Tropico 4). Workers here use Bauxite and Gold to create consumer electronics for sale. When it comes to Electronics, it is more about quantity over quality. The sales price of Electronics is rather low. However, the factory can create large amounts of product from small quantities of Gold or Bauxite, especially when the factory is fully upgraded. With this in mind, it is worthwhile to import these resources in order to create vast quantities of Electronics.
- Pirate Shop: For $8,000, the electronics factory can make knock-offs from pirated technology, increasing production by 50% but creating the chance of earning -20 relations with the US due to counterfeiting.
- Clean Room: For $10,000 and 5 megawatts of power, a clean room can be set up in the factory to produce better quality electronics, increasing the price of electronics from the island by 15%. This price boost increases with every factory that has a clean room installed.
- Consumer Electronics Line: For $4,000 and 60 megawatts of power, the factory can be made more efficient by using an assembly line, increasing production by 33%.
- Sweat Shop: The default work mode. Employees here work backbreaking 14 hour long shifts.
- Easy-Does-It: Employees here are given an easier time. Their job quality increases by 10 but they work 25% less.
Sunny Flowers: This is Sunny Flowers with the Hour of Truth. Alarming reports about the new Electronic Factory are coming in, minutes after its opening. It will actually produce mind-control chips that turn people - even Presidentes - into mindless, remote-controlled robots!
Penultimo: Where do they plant those supposed chips?
Sunny Flowers: You of all people should know this, Penultimo.