For articles of the same name in other Tropico games, see Edicts.
- Main article: Edicts_(Tropico_3)/Social
Social policies work for the population to improve their standards of living. They don't normally have negative consequences but will cost money over time.
- Main article: Edicts_(Tropico_3)/Foreign Policy
These edicts focus on how major powers view you. Increasing relations with one will likely decrease the other.
- Main article: Edicts_(Tropico_3)/Economy
Economy Edicts typically improve your means of making money, whether by making Industry better or making your island more appealing to tourists.
- Main article: Edicts_(Tropico_3)/Domestic Policy
Domestic Policy Edicts are your control or benevolence method; are you going to be a ruthless dictator or a soft-hearted presidential mentor.
- Main article: Edicts_(Tropico_3)/Megalomania
Megalomania edicts were added in the Absolute Power expansion pack and encompass many different effects. For the egotistical ruler, more control and benevolence measures to flesh-out your style.