Tropico 5 introduces the concept of the El Presidente's personal Dynasty. Up to 7 family members can be added to the dynasty, each with their own history, trait, and level. Swiss Bank Account funds are used to level up dynasty members' traits.
- 1 Facts
- 2 Traits
- 3 Administrator
- 4 Agent
- 5 Agitator
- 6 Altruist
- 7 Celebrity
- 8 Cheapskate
- 9 Environmentalist
- 10 Financier
- 11 Foreman
- 12 General
- 13 Green Thumb
- 14 Inventor
- 15 Landlord
- 16 Magnate
- 17 Mentor
- 18 Moneygrubber
- 19 Supervisor
- 20 Tactician
- 21 Tycoon
- 22 Union Leader
- 23 Personal History
- Any dynasty member can be a candidate for president in elections and become president.
- Dynasty members can change their clothes and appearance at any time.
- Dynasty members can level up at any time, but the cost significantly increases each time during the same scenario.
- New Dynasty members are gained by playing the game - it's possible to get them from certain quests, usually a new born heir or an heir contest.
- Changes to dynasty members (i.e. new members, dismissing members, level ups) will only be saved after game completion (winning or losing a game, not leaving a game).
- It is possible to permanently lose a dynasty member in certain tasks! For example, they can join the rebels if sent to negotiate and the task fails. Many tasks can be failed with dynasty members (the chance to fail tasks increases with lower level members). This is also applicable in multiplayer games.
For articles of the same name in other Tropico games, see Trait.
All Dynasty Member's Global Effects are doubled (x2) when elected as El' Presidente. There are 20 traits available:
- Manager Effect: Maximum number of customers serviced increased by +10% (Max +30% serviced)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: Service buildings construction costs decreased by -5% (Max -10% costs)
- Manager Effect: Detects the hidden roles of 20% of the workers in the building. (Max +100% detection)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: Detects hidden roles in Tropico +10% faster (Max +20% faster)
- Manager Effect: Increases workers approval of the regime by 1 (Max +5 approval)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: Converts 1 votes when cheating on elections (Max +5 votes)
- Manager Effect: Increases wealth for 20% of the workers in the building (Max +100% wealth)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: Grants $1,000 bonus starting money (Max $5,000 bonus)
- Manager Effect: Hotel effectiveness increased by +10 (Max +20 effectiveness)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: Foreign Aid increased by 2% (Max +10% aid)
- Manager Effect: Budget of the managed building decreased by -10% (Max -20% budget)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: All constructions are -2% cheaper (Max -6% cheaper)
- Manager Effect: Reduces pollution in the vicinity by -10 (Max -30 reduction)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: Reduces pollution in Tropico by -2 (Max -10 reduction)
- Manager Effect: Increases building revenue by +5% (Max +10% revenue)
- Global Effect: Grants $100 annual income (Max $500 income)
- Manager Effect: Effectiveness increased and job quality reduced by 10 (Max 20)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: Global effectiveness of production buildings increased by +1 (Max +5 effectiveness)
- Manager Effect: Military buildings effectiveness increased by +10 (Max +20 effectiveness)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: All Tropican soldiers inflict +1% damage (Max +5% damage)
- Manager Effect: Increases beauty in the vicinity by +10 (Max +30 beauty)
- Global Effect: Increases tourism rating by +5 (Max +10 rating)
- Manager Effect: Generates Research Point proportional to the building effectiveness. Monthly base +10 RP (Max +20 points)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: Increases Research Points by +1% (Max +5% points)
- Manager Effect: Increases housing quality of nearby residences by +5 (Max +10 quality)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: Residential constructions are -5% cheaper (Max -10% costs)
- Manager Effect: Mining and oil building effectiveness increased by +10 (Max +20 effectiveness)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: Mining and Oil deposits are depleted -10% slower (Max -30% depletion)
- Manager Effect: Effectiveness for other nearby buildings increased by +1 (Max +5 effectiveness)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: Students graduate +10% faster (Max +20% faster)
- Manager Effect: Increases building budget by +5%, and the increased budget goes to the Swiss account (Max +10% budget)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: Increases all Swiss bank account gains by +1% (Max 5% increase)
- Manager Effect: Building effectiveness increased by +2 (Max +10 effectiveness)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: Construction speed increased by +4% (Max 20% faster)
- Manager Effect: Managed building is 20% more durable against attacks (Max 100% toughness)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: All Tropican soldiers receive -5% less damage (Max -10% damage)
- Manager Effect: Effectiveness on maximum budget increased by +10 (Max +20 effectiveness)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: Increased effectiveness of all buildings on max budget by +1 (Max +5 effectiveness)
- Manager Effect: Worker job quality increased by +10 (Max +30 job quality)
- Dynasty Member Global Effect: Increases job quality of all workers in Tropico by +1 (Max +5 job quality)
- Almost burst from an idea
- Assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand
- Bears the name of a wide-eared marsupial
- Became a pirate
- Explained semblance of democracy to Russia
- Had a pet project that is a doomsday device
- Had a pet project that represented the Tropican dream
- Had a "pet project" that was "art"
- Had a pet project that was a commentary on modern Tropican life
- Had a pet project that was a canoe
- Had a pet project that was a critique on the Tropican condition
- Had a pet project that was a trap!
- Had a pet project that was a re-imagining of the Tropican spirit
- Helped repeal the Prohibition in the US
- Kidnapped the Pope
- Owner of a humorously shaped ore nugget
- Participated in a green conference
- Participated in the battle of Cambrai (WWI)
- Participated in the battles of the Hindenburg Line (WWI)
- Participated in the second battle of Marne (WWI)
- Participated in the battle of the Bulge (WWII)
- Participated in the battle of Iwo Jima (WWII)
- Proud alumni of Harvard U.
- Proud alumni of Lomonosov U.
- Proud alumni of Magadan U.
- Started WWI
- Wrote a revolutionary article
- The Big Cheese
- Became the King And Queen Of Cheese
- Became the King Of Cheese
- Appointed as a modern major-general
- Played the leading role in a play
- Mad World
- Psychiatrically certified!
- Joint Venture
- Surfs Up!
- Communicated with the Ancient Dolphins from Nibiru
- Leader of the Glorious Dolphin Revolution
- Gone Green
|Concepts||Main • Buildings • Edicts • Factions • Powers• Characters • Research • Swiss Bank Account • El Presidente • Tropicans • Tourists • Dynasty • Era • Economy • Budget|
|DLC content||Generalissimo • Gone Green • Inquisition • Joint Venture • Mad World • Supercomputer • Supervillain • Surf's Up • T-Day • The Big Cheese|
|DLC packs||Epic Meltdown • Espionage • Hostile Takeover • Paradise Lost • Waterborne|