It is has almost exactly the same function as the Supermax Prison, and with Espionage installed, it is preferable because it only require illiterate Wardens rather than High School educated Police Officers and also has smaller footprint that allow them to be squeezed in tight spaces and more of them to be built easily.
Note that prisoners who are tagged as Rebels, Crime Lords, and Foreign Spies are still valid targets for automatic assassinations by the Drone Command and may still be killed by drone strikes which you didn't order while in their cells.
Interrogation Room ($2,000)- The police officers interrogate the arrested citizen, discovering citizens' roles in the area, depending on the prisoner count.
Punishment Chamber ($2,000)- Police officers arrest Rebel Leaders and Crime Lords on the island with out having an order from El Presidente.
Pros and Cons
- Can be built as early as the Colonial Era.
- Police officers do not need high school education.
- Discovers the roles of special citizens (after Interrogation Room upgrade).
- Fast Arrest Response.
- Smaller size saves room (if on a tiny island).
- Houses only 5 prisoners ( the Supermax Prison houses 15).