China is a minor power in Tropico 4.
Although officially a repressive Communist state, China tends to experiment with free markets and other Capitalist concepts and appreciates others who "mix and match" both economic ideas. With its massive population, China is always seeking new sources of basic food and places for its people to live. The nation is Tropico's sole source of Luxury Goods.
- Canned Fish
- Canned Pineapple
- Goat Cheese
- Llama Wool
- Luxury Goods
- +10 - Well-Travelled
- +0 to +10 - Diplomatic
- +0 to +10 - Multiple Personality Disorder
- +15 - Importing Luxury Goods (strangely you simply need to allow exports, not actively be buying it or have a Shopping Mall)
- +15 - 'Open Doors' immigration policy
- 'Neutral' foreign policies
- +15 - Low Liberty (liberty happiness under 40)
- +15 - Cold relations with the USSR (Relationship under 40)
- +10 - having favored trade partner status (export/import the most with them).
- -15 - Velvet Revolution rise to power.
- -30 - "'No Immigration'" immigration policy
- (Bugged: Appears when your immigration policy is set to 'No Emigration,' the policy which forbids people from leaving Tropico, instead of 'Tropico First,' the policy which forbids people from arriving.)
- -30 - Allies of the USSR
Rewards for Good Relations
- +20% boost to the export price of all "Canned Goods": Canned Fish, Canned Pineapple, Freeze Dried Coffee and Canned Coffee (Relationship greater than 30)
- -20% Discount on the import price for Luxury Goods (Relationship greater than 80)
- The ability to ask for development aid. (Relationship greater equal or greater than 80)
Penalties for Bad relations
- China will embargo all of its exports to you, making most notably Luxury goods unavailable. (Relationship remains below 40 for 3 years)
- It's most notable that the Canned Goods bonus includes all products of the Cannery not just ones that are exported to China. As Canned Coffee and Freeze Dried Coffee are exported to the USA are already very profitable exports.
- Although the Almanac does properly update itself for the Canned Goods bonus, it does not do so for the Luxury Goods Discount.
|Tropico 4 Foreign Powers|
|Superpowers||US • USSR|
|Minor Powers||China • EU • Middle East|