The Capitalists are one of the political factions in Tropico 6. They form around the World Wars, as a counterbalance to the Communists, and maintain relevancy up to this day. Having money and generating more money - that is the main motivation of the Capitalists.
Likes and Dislikes
- Likes: Buildings that have high profit margins - the less physical commerce involved the better. Governmental tools that increases profits while decreasing costs are their favorites.
- Dislikes: Welfare and investment without monetary payoff.
- Voting Rights: Wealthy Citizens Vote
- Labor Policy: Happy Childhood
- Ecology: Energy Efficiency
- Media Independence: Sponsored Content
- Healthcare: Paid Healthcare
- Global Market Economy: Free Trade
- Edicts: Caribbean Trade Pact Association, No Free Lunch, Church Fee, Right To Arms (war is good for business, even moreso if it's brothers shooting brothers)
- Healthcare: Hybrid System
- Global Market Economy: Protectionism
- Police Station (Live And Let Live work mode: they only care about their Swiss Bank Account money for every criminals they arrested)
- Fire Station (Building Inspection work mode: lowers the upkeep of all buildings within influence range)
- Fast Food Joint
- Shopping Mall
- Yacht Club
- Off-Shore Office
- Golf Course (every good Capitalists requires a Golf Club Membership)
- Tourism buildings of any kind
"You know, we're almost like brothers, Presidente - but have you seen brothers fight...? It doesn't have to be this way, though - we both share a deep and abiding love of money! But if you keep listening to all these people with their morals and ethics and bleeding hearts..." - When issuing ultimatum
"It's no good, Pres - the smart money has had enough of your wonky politics, and we don't take disappointment lying down! You think the last financial crisis was a disaster? Everything in capitalist world happens by design. We call ourselves the Invisible Hand for a reason, and we're very well connected. We can raise material costs or lower export prices - Heck, we can even halve the size of your morning coffee - that's right, we own the baristas now!" - when you fail the ultimatum
Financial Crisis: Doubles all money costs. Halves all trade prices. Halves the brokered conversion rate for Swiss Bank money. All effects lasts for a year.