For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see Balloon Ride.
The Balloon Ride provides Sightseeing for tourists and some pretty balloons begin to float about the island.
- Tourist Balloon: "Increases the number of tourists the building can service."($1,000, 8 tourists)
- Hola-Cola Balloon: "The upkeep of the balloon ride is paid for by Hola-Cola."($2,500, no upkeep)
- Propaganda Balloon: "Spread the voice of power throughout the island - small chance to convert nearby citizens to loyalists."($5,000)
|Upgrade Bug Warning:|
|Upgrades are not credited properly unless the order follows a left to right rule. Skipping an upgrade may result in a previous upgrade to no longer be credited, when you activate the skipped one at a later date/time. True of T3+AP and sure it was the same without AP, hope this makes sense.|
Grants 35~85 for Beauty, plus 0~40 for worker skill. 2 Balloons float about the island for normal mode, or 4 balloons for if upgraded for 8 tourists.
Trash may appear, being cast off from surrounding buildings; trash receptacles do not.
- "I heard people on the streets use to call you "full of hot air", Presidente and they certainly don't refer to the extra pounds you gained. The only way to shut up these crybabies is by presenting them with something brighter and more bloated than you - a balloon ride. Just open up some umbrellas on your palace balcony to ward off any rotten veggies falling from above."
- "Tourists will pay to see the island from above. Only one can be built."
Place on high Beauty land. The 2nd upgrade is worth it if you got the cash and plan on playing for another 4.25 years. The 3rd upgrade is if your concerned about elections, not worth the cash, imo.