For buildings of the same name in other Tropico games, see Ancient Ruins.
Ancient Ruins: "Some say these long deserted ruins may be haunted, but you know better. You can upgrade this site to a Museum or an Excavation Site."
Unique preplaced structure may be upgraded if not already setup by the mission. Both upgrades may generate a trash-can if pollution is thrown off by surrounding buildings.
- Museum: "Turn this pyramid into a tourist attraction."
- Excavation Site: "The excavation site sells artifacts and contributes its profits to your Swiss bank account."
Special Bug Note: Several calculations are effected and may present the player with some weird display numbers.
- Description: "Those funny tourists will pay good money to explore this ancient pile of rubble."
- Mimeographed Handout: "The cheap mimeographed handout guide keeps the upkeep costs reasonable."
- Four-color Brochure: "The luxurious four-color brochure doubles the upkeep and raises the service quality with 20%."(roughly +20%, zero times two is zero.)
Upkeep isn't shown for the Museum, nor does upkeep effect the profits, just the Professor's salary.
It is advised to use the Brochure mode for the free Service Quality bonus. The Visitor Fee is intially set at $25; should be lowered to Tropican affordability until you desire to rob the Tourists. Displayed Service Quality is bugged; it has been seen to exceed 150 after an avatar visit and the number has been seen at the lower range after a new Professor starts. Both extremes were not the intention of the developer as deduced from the lua file range(not used here).
Uncorruptable trait avatar option prevents this upgrade.